View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 08:23 AM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesBeBack View Post
Back the money truck up to Perry's house. Explain to him that him and Tavares will make sweet love together for the future of the Islanders in Brooklyn.

Perry resurrects fanbase. Isles are alive again.

I mean, really, what's 60 million to Wang right now? It's worth his time and investment to see that this Ilsanders team improves. He needs to get it over with already or this team will never take a real step forward.

Remember, Wang is still worth close to a billion dollars. A 60 million dollar investment over 8 years, with inflation and all, is not a single sweat beed off his back. All things considered, 60 million is probably what Wang takes in annually, with interest and stuff like that.

I doubt giving this guy a big contract would ruin his lifestyle.
I think that would scare him off more than it would sell him...

I'm probably in the minority but I hope this team doesn't throw a ton of money at a guy like Perry. He's a great player, but I think we have much bigger needs. Just looking at next year, it looks like we'll have Tavares, Moulson, Strome(I think most would agree that if he makes this team he'll be playing in a top-6 role), probably Okposo, and possibly two of Grabner, Bailey, Nino. I think our top-6 is in pretty good shape going forward.

Defensively is where I see more of an issue. If Streit re-signs we'll have Streit, Hamonic, MacDonald, Carkner as the definites, and potentially a couple of Reinhart, deHaan, Donovan, Pokka, Mayfield, Ness(doubtful) or guys we brought in this year in Strait/Hickey/Finley(hopefully not). If Streit is let go/leaves, that leaves us with 3 open spots. I still think we'll need another PMD even if he stays. It just will come down to who is available and at what price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstash19 View Post
to the dudes arguing about the relivnce of the pedro/mets comparison:

who cares.

the point is, we need a pied piper. someone to be the first to jump aboard. then as the image of the team changes as we move to brooklyn (well, i hope it does, at least) and things will be alot better.

..and then hopefully we wont have to overpay for anyone, or get 35+ players
Exactly. I didn't even know it would be something worth arguing over.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote