View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Thought I read the box score wrong. I was assured by so many people that Gaborik only scores against weak teams, so I thought it was a typo... three times.

Forgot to set my DVR, but caught the highlights. Did Staal and Del Zotto spend the whole game paired together? How did they look?
Not sure if it was the whole game but they did play together a lot. Looked good for the most part, though Staal's slashing penalty that led to a goal was a result of Del Zotto getting burned to the outside, but to be fair, he was put in a bad situation and turning to keep up with a forward that's already flying down the wing is probably his biggest weakness. That said, Del Zotto looked better on the right side than he did last year.

He's having a good year so far...not perfect, but so far it looks like he's taking another step forward in his development

edit: I still feel like a lot of players are feeling their way out so far...guys like Hagelin especially. Pyatt has jumped in and looked good but a lot of other guys seem to be searching for a comfort level with their linemates. Disappointed they're not using Halpern more but he seems to be another guy that's needing to earn the coaches trust before he gets more icetime

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote