Thread: Value of: Sam Gagner to NYR
View Single Post
01-24-2013, 08:58 AM
vCash: 1152
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
You're missing the point I made. That Gagner has played with talent, so there's no excuse for him only hitting the 40 point mark so far.

Stepan had a hurt Gaborik in his rookie year, and still put up 20-20-40. In his 2nd season, there were periods of time in which Stepan and Gaborik weren't playing together and he still put up 50 points.

I'm just tired of seeing the red carpet of excuses rolled out for Gagner in every thread, yet his name pops up constantly in trade proposals on here. If you guys think he can do all of that, stop mentioning his name in every thread regarding Edmonton.
I'm tired of seeing you refute reality to prove Stepan is a class above Gagner. So we all have burdens to bear.

BTW, Sabremetrics work incredibly well in baseball. Don't listen to that Clint Eastwood movie. I'll agree that these advanced stats are less useful in hockey, as it is much more of a team game where flow and momentum matter. But to dismiss them outright just leads to ignorance. Incorporate all of the facts into your outcome.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote