View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
#bandwagonwildcup

vCash: 500
Woke up. Went to work. Went to HF. Saw this thread is still here 10 hours later. Was surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Awesome GDT! Here's hoping the Canes play to match the awesomness of it tonight. As I'm under the weather I'll be watching it from home - as this is one of the three SportsSouth games, how can I tune in? (As in what channel *is* Sportssouth. I don't think I've ever seen it before)

No. It's one of those "local legend" sort of places that gets by on its name alone (along with Big Ed's City Market Restaurant). It's one of those small local Southern restaurants where at one time power brokers and politicians would cut deals over their blue plate specials and that's about all that's notable about the Mecca. You can have much better food elsewhere. I'd recommend Chuck's (burgers), Beasley's Chicken + Honey (down home cooking featuring chicken and waffles), Sitti (Lebanese), Gravy (Italian), Busy Bee (kind of eclectic/new American), Raleigh Times (pub grub), The Pit (BBQ) or Centro (Mexican) LONG before I'd recommend Mecca.
Hah. You beat me to it. I love that Mecca exists, but the food just isn't that special.