01-24-2013, 09:20 AM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Beware the Wrath
Of a Gentle Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Because his name isn't Brian Boyle, and that's all that matters to some people around here. Typically the ones who have no idea what they're talking about.

Boyle is just fine as a 3rd line C. Matches up well as a shutdown presence and is versatile enough to fill some other roles if necessary. Would more offense be nice? Sure, but that's the price you pay for having $26MM+ invested in your first line and your goalie.
Gotcha.

Sadly, Arnott isn't going to add anything to the Ranger's offense. Heck, Boyle outscored Arnott at ES last year in spite of playing much harder minutes (in terms of defensive zone start%), against much harder competition. I watched every game Arnott played, and trust me when I say that wasn't a fluke.

As far as the PP goes, Arnott is basically only useful ripping pucks from the left wall or left point. He really doesn't offer any creativity at all from either position. Who's he going to offer an upgrade over on the Ranger's current units? He would either be poorly fit into another role, or (more likely) not used at all, IMO.