Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Lupul re-signs with Toronto 5 years (5.25 average)
View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 09:57 AM
birddog*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
lol!

You do realize that I responded to a Leaf fan "hating" on Burrows calling him a leach and how he wouldn't have earned his contract if it wasn't for the Sedins.

I never said Lupul is a bum. He's a decent player, though I don't think he's worth $5.25mill/yr. He's put up good goal and point totals in the past, but that doesn't make him versatile. The Sedins blow him away when it comes to production, but they aren't versatile players. Versatile players are those that can play in different roles, positions and situations. What makes Burrows versatile is that he can play either wing, on both special teams, and with any line, and shows chemistry with every line... and that he can play center and defense if needed. That's versatility. putting up goals and points is not versatility.

But if you want to hate on the haters, why not look at the post I was responding to?
Here's the words right from your mouth...

"Does Lupul come close to that versatility? All I hear is how he's got such good chemistry with Kessel - maybe he's the leach we should be talking about? Lupul has a history of inconistent play, injury issues, never has been considered a dominant defensive player, never has been considered a versatile player that you could move to different roles, on different lines, to play different positions, or even have on defense when needed. How much has Lupul benefitted from playing next to Kessel? And no one even considers that a steal of a contract to begin with!"

Haters gonna hate....

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote