Thread: Speculation: Holtby or Neuvirth?
View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 10:16 AM
BTCG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
if anyone reminds me of kolzig, its holtby. i dont think that neuvirth should have started the home opener. holtby's playoff run earned him that game. a bad first game didnt earn him the bench as the number 1 goalie.

i think holtby has been anything but sharp and thats true of the team as a whole. the caps have 5 goals this season. ward, ward, wolski, hendricks and brouwer. carlson got used for a goal last night. backstrom got burned. carlson had another goal bounced off his skate. ovechkin has zero goals and hasnt really come close based on my memory.

it will get better.

neuvirth well get the play the next one and if the caps win, then he will keep playing. if they lose again then holtby is back.

i'll admit that after the lockout i dont have a lot of patience for this. if they are going to suck, i am not going to waste my time on them. not ready to make other plans yet
Agree with this post for the most part... but on the part I've underlined.... clearly (to me, anyways) at this point with 2 young goalies, both are gonna see their fair share of play, even if one or both turns in a string of poorly played games.

AND.... unless a deal was/is imminent and we're looking to add a Luongo or his peer, I think you can read a lot into the team going with 2 young goalies.

I think it could be said fairly that George is writing in this season as a rebuild.

BTCG is offline   Reply With Quote