01-24-2013, 10:25 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Per Bob McKenzie tonight

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...195438&lang=en

-Says that attempts to trade Ben Bishop have become "convoluted" due to the hold-up on the Luongo trade, that it's "kinda gumming up the works for everybody on the goalie trade market"
-says Robin Lehner's demotion to the AHL is what they've done "for now"
-says that Ottawa knows long-term that they want Anderson and Lehner in goal
-suggests Edmonton would like another goalie to supplement Devan Dubnyk and that Calgary could be looking for an upgrade at the back-up position
-says there is a market but it's not fully formed and that he expects Bishop to be traded in the future

Seeing as Ottawa traded a 2nd round pick for Bishop, I think they'd be looking for that as a minimum, but even more likely would be a defenceman.

Provided everyone stays healthy, I could see something like Theo Peckham (and maybe a pick) for Bishop on Edmonton's side. Gives Ottawa a physical stay-at-home defenceman with a ton of grit for the third pairing. I think Peckham is a lot better than most Oiler fans give him credit for, though I'm not sure what his cache is around the league.

Not sure who Calgary would be offering up. I would think they'd like to move out a defenceman, but who? Giordano, Butler, Brodie and Wideman seem to be the building blocks going forward, Corey Sarich just re-signed last summer, which would leave Jay Bouwmeester, Anton Babchuk and Derek Smith as the odd mean out and I can't imagine Ottawa having much interest in any of them.
I am not usually one for the "friend of a friend told me such and such" but, a good friend of mine with some ties to the Flames told me they were looking at him, and it involved moving Chris Butler..FWIW.

I see Bobby Mac already knew this last night, I was told this during the day yesterday before this was breaking so maybe there is something to what I was told then.

Interesting. I wouldn't mind picking him up at all.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote