Thread: Rick Nash
View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 10:27 AM
h0ckeyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
You do realize that's Gabbys game right? THAT is what makes him so dangerous, his ability to be invisible and get lost out there, then appear outta nowhere and score goals. A guy that scores as much as he does should have to be a lot better in 1 on 1 situations, Gabby is TERRIBLE in 1 on 1 situations, I cant remember the last time i've seen him go 1 on 1 with a defenseman (who wasn't caught flat footed...but had him 1 on 1) and Gabby actually beat him.

Gabbys ability to shoot the puck, and his ability to disappear and reappear is what makes him so deadly. He's so very much different than Nash. You SEE Nash out there every shift. Every shift he does somethign to make you ooh and aah. He's got power, hes a freight train on skates, he can hit, he can protect the puck better than anyone in the NHL, he can skate, he's got dangles...the guy is far more noticeable...which also means....he's more NOTICEABLE for the other team. They can track him, they can shut him down. Gabby ability to disappear is part of what makes him so deadly.
I agree with your assertions on his style of scoring, and I certainly understand how he is sneaky and opportunistic. What I meant by invisible is that he doesn't try to contribute to the team in other ways when the puck isn't going in for him. He won't even try to get into any kind of puck battle in the corner, have a spirited backcheck, maybe even just finish a hit here or there. In my opinion, he just isn't a complete hockey player. That being said Gabby is certainly offensively talented beyond words, and a huge piece of the puzzle for this team...sometimes I wish that I would see some more heart out of him.