View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 10:34 AM
youngblood10

vCash: 500
I think not knowing the extent of the violations is playing into if the sanctions will play a part or not. When looking at the penalty with Portland and what they did, then Windsor's penalty and later reduced penalty. I have a hard time believing that Windsor cheated as much as they just broke a rule. Like paying for a kids' cell phone or a hotel room for a parent, things of that nature as examples. Not paying a kid several thousand to report who wouldn't other wise report. That's part of the double edged sword of not announcing the violations in detail.

If Windsor comes in with a strong bid, one that meets the criteria that is qualified as a winning bid does the board turn it away because of a minor infraction that came with a heavy penalty? Time will tell.

One thing I don't agree with is why if the committee who chooses the winning bid has already disqualified Windsor's bid before hand make it official and save one of it's franchises the resources and time of preparing a bid. Much the same if they have determined that London has hosted recently and will not win regardless.

Teams that bid are going to put their best forward regardless of the competitors. I don't think any team wants to be a laughing stock in front of the entire country.

youngblood10 is offline   Reply With Quote