View Single Post
Old
06-25-2006, 09:39 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashlanding
I agree 100% on your assessment of Missions. I had two different pairs and the axles kept falling out on both of them, it was very frustrating. Then the axle detached from the boot in the middle of a game and I was done for the night.

I have a pair of Tours now, I'm still not sure if I like them. The chassis hasn't given me any problems (even though the wheel scheme is 74 72 80 80, makes buying wheels and rotating them a pain) but the boot is not very comfortable. They seem to work okay though.
Good points there which brings up another thing I probably should've touched on earlier. The Tours that I had, with the Labeda frames, used a single axle system which at first I thought was clever but then I heard about people stripping the axle bolt itself or the threaded part of the frame.

Believe it or not I've been using a pair of SureGrip straight frames, uses all 76s and love it. I don't think they make this frame anymore but hockeymonkey still has a few pairs left for like 20 bucks I think. Very solid frame.

bladoww is offline   Reply With Quote