View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 11:38 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
Trading Schenn to get Subban wouldn't be "giving up" on him. It's trading a potential #1C for a #1D. The Flyers need the #1D a lot more.

I never said I'd trade Brayden Schenn for scraps and I certainly wouldn't trade him for a defenseman equivalent to Luke Schenn. But I am more willing to explore trading him for a legitimate #1 defenseman than I was last year. To me, the Flyers' "untouchable list looks like this:
#1 Giroux
#2 Couturier
/end list
It's really no different than trading JVR's inconsistent ways with that of Luke Schenn's ..they traded potential for potential. Subban has shown more than B Schenn but we really haven't seen what B Schenn has to offer..we saw more with JVR at least and it was inconsistent although injuries didn't help I agree. Subban is ahead of B Schenn obviously and yes we need a D man more than a forward just like with L Schenn vs JVR but I think B Schenn's upside b/c of his toughness has more upside than JVR..although Subban has more upside than L Schenn.

In short, It's hard to say how much of a 1 for 1 Subban for B Schenn would be especially since we would have to give up more for Subban than Schenn so it wouldn't be a 1 for 1 necessarily. I just worry out of desperation for a puck moving D man we give up more than we should....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote