View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 10:46 AM
tycoonheart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
Perhaps Dale didn't have to be a great communicator because his system was so straightforward. Maybe Oates needs to be a better communicator because his system is more complex and gives players more options than just chip it out of the zone ad nauseum.

You can be a fantastic communicator but not get results if the players need time to grasp the concepts. If they still look like a rudderless ship in 2 weeks, then I'll start to be more concerned.
I agree.

And there are lots of coaches who let their assistants do the coaching and the talking. The fact is Dale actually had the players playing super hard for him. Say what you want about his system, but I had never seen these bunch of guys play like that... ever. Every one was selling out to do whatever it takes to help the team win. You need that mentality to win in the playoffs. And somehow Dale managed that w/o ever saying a single word to anyone. It won't mean jack **** that Oates is a great communicator if he can't get his players to play hard for him.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote