Old
01-24-2013, 11:08 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Just because someone is unknown to fans, doesn't mean he's unknown to the organization. You know what Kreider did in the NHL last playoffs that sent everyone giddy? Well, Hrivik was twice as important for Hartford in the same playoffs, scoring 9 points in 9 games, five of them goals. And whereas Kreider started the season poorly in both Hartford and New York, Hrivik was proving himself a very capable AHL first liner.

This whole forum would break into a mass celebration if Miller had been called up, but Miller is easily two steps behind Hrivik, who actually looks decently polished and able to make decisions quick enough to play against pro players, which J.T. still cannot.
It's true that Hrivik isn't really an unknown in the organization, but I think that's beside the point MPF was making. Kolarik, who some people seem to have a strange fascination with, lost out on an invite to an UDFA that hadn't been in our organization for even a year. It's no knock on Hrivik, rather a sign that the organization wasn't too keen on Kolarik and what he could bring to the big club.

Correct me if I'm wrong, MPF.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote