View Single Post
01-24-2013, 11:18 AM
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Its not a comparison of Gomez to Subban, its the impact of the trade could end up being as bad as the Gomez one.

What would be the point of trading Subban for another guy who is holding out?? Also Benn has made a point about preferring to play away from Canada due to less pressure, I highly doubt he'd like the pressure of getting traded to a big market like Montreal and having to replace a fan favorite in Subban.

And exactly, how are you going to find someone to replace Subban on D?? The only trade that would make sense with Subban is for another young top pairing defenseman who could play any situation, but no team would do that trade since it would be a sideways step for them.
We don't necessarily have a shortage of puck-moving defensemen. Plus with Beaulieu and Ellis doing well in Hamilton, it's not like we'd be hand-cuffing ourselves long-term.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a huge fan of PK - as much for how good he is as for the entertainment value he brings, but it's not looking great for him signing and if we can get Benn in return, then I think we do it - provided Benn would sign here at something reasonable.