View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komarov47 View Post
Hei ystävät !

Just passing by to say some words about my new life in Helsinki. Life's is treating us well in Finland, we moved in august 2012, people are way more relax and patient than in canada. I'm still working at the Vuosaari Harbour and we found a beautiful little house in Espoo's suburb (around 35 minutes from vuosaari). We slowly learning finish, even if i was surprised that a lot of people speak english. Weirdly the weather treated me badly at first (even if i was used to snow and cold in canada). I must admit it helped us a lot to move with 3 other families and we've benn welcomed by two families already living in Helsinki since 2009. Scandinavian way of life is a lot different that North America, even if the life is more expensive, but euro is almost the same as $US. I hoped to speak perfectly finnish by the end of the year 2013 (i'm not the best !). We found a school teaching in english, but the kids have around 6/7 hours by weeks of finnish classes. The drive to work and the drive home isn't that hard in fact, the traffic is annoying but actually i've seen worst.
So you live in Espoo now? Since my last message about 13 months ago, I found a full-time job and moved to Espoo as well.

Like I wrote earlier, you get very far with English here, I'd say vast majority of under-50, over-15 years old people talks understandable English. I face this daily due to having an American wife.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote