View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 11:49 AM
hitmen19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolForumNamePending View Post
Elias finished 10th in points last year and is also in the top 10 for career points among active players. In '12 Vrbata finished in the top 50 in points and only 5 Canadian players and 2 Russian players scored more goals. Krejc also finished in the top 50 and led the '11 playoffs in points. I would say that their credentials are more impressive than anything that would be on Canada's and certainly Russia's 6th line.

Looking at the lineups posted in this thread on paper they are IMHO still very much a contender.
i love when people use selective stats to argue there position. Stats for one year don't mean squat. After Stamkos, Canada's next 5 goal scorers were neal, hartnell, perry moulson, ryder. besides perry, none of those other guys would even be considered for Canada's team. So you can throw that stat out. Its an eye test. While I love Elias, his great days are long over. He is not the impact player of his youth no more, no matter how many points he got. If you think that line is even close, to other teams, you are dreaming. Czech can't compete with that line up against russia, sweden canada or usa.

hitmen19 is offline   Reply With Quote