View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Reesor01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
IMO you can add to the top-6 a guy like Pelletier.

Also Stevens,Meredith and Walsh are three very solid 3rd liners.
Maybe they lack depth maybe they don't depending at other potential players they have in the system and I omitted to mention.

Taking into account Houle's recent upsurge in performance, I could see him also retained as an OA in lieu of Godin.....he is giving the Titan some excellent hockey lately.

I would wait till Christmas to bring in an impact OA forward if needed in place of an OA D....

But the Titan could always make a trade for a forward or a D at the draft or at the August trade period indeed.
In my mind there would be no emergency until we see what guys like Blanchard/Gallant/Bernard and others bring to the team.

By the way, the D named MacLean....change him for Alex MacNeil...my mistake.

Now about the thought of trading last Christmas:
Given the mostly non existent market for OAs, and given the price for high end 19 YO Ds, the Titan did the right thing in my opinion to not empty the picks or prospects for 1 extra player.
Brouillard was enough to give the Titan the opportunity to access the 2nd round.
Acquisitions like Walsh ,Gingras, Pelletier also are a better fit than some expected.

I can see the Titan getting better and the two weekend games against the Wildcats could be indicative.
However the loss of 4 players for these two games will no doubt hurt our chances.
I would definitely get that 20yo in the summer when teams with surplus 20s are giving them away for cheap. Having experienced D is a definite asset. But you might be able to get a higher impact forward, and possibly get something for one of your 20yo defencemen. More than likely the contenders would be set for 20yos and you'd get nothing for those defenceman at Christmas (the Sawyer Hannay deal to Victo was an exception).

I wouldn't use Moncton as a measuring stick. They are on fire right now, and probably top 3 in the league at this point. Keeping those games close would be a success IMO. Games against teams like PEI are the ones you guys should start winning if you want to gauge where you're at. In other words, If you lose 6-2 to Moncton, it doesn't prove or disprove anything.

Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote