View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 11:55 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Hypothetically, and it is purely hypothetical...but what are the chances MacKinnon busts and we see the next Daigle or Stefan? Are there holes in his game that most of us have simply over looked because we don't watch him on a game to game basis?

I mean who would have thought someone like Johnson would've been traded 6 years after draft because the team no longer thought of him as their franchise player?

Howmuch of MacKinnon is hype rather than fact? Does he really have the traits of a franchise altering player? Or just a solid first liner?

I say this as I just happened to be thinking how much Drouin made a name for himself in the WJC and MCK was more of an after thought.
you probably could have ended the post after the bolded statement.

Comparing him to a defenceman that was drafted as you point out 6 years ago doesn't support your position. It's post filler.

As for Drouin, since no one expected this much out of him, naturally it's going to be the bigger story. Granted, he's a solid player and a key contributor to his junior team, but the names that were on the Canadian team greatly overshadowed his. For him to play as well as he did is a story unto itself.

I don't think that it vaulted him ahead of Nate, but that's just my opinion.

If anything, it made the #2 pick overall a tough choice if Nate is selected 1st.

If Seth Jones is the #1 pick, Drouin is #3

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote