01-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Chapter President

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Is that confirmed or just a guess?

If it is true, that's what you call showcasing a prospect for a pending deal. I just don't see how you can go from behind benched midway threw a game when playing on a 3rd line to end up on the 1st line the very next game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Things were getting pretty physical and looking at that move tells me they don't want to a) him to get injured, b)get intimidated to the point he's turning the puck over and c)spoiling the videotape of what people will be seeing in a trade evaluation.

I'm reading into that with a trade in mind though. If there's no showcasing going on, then it's just Pete not trusting him at all based on history. Pete being Pete with the kids. I can't blame him to a degree - it got us pretty far being tough on the kids last year too.
It's either the trade route or the beginning of the end for his days to remain up with the big club. The clock is ticking on Matteau's 5 games and this may be the 2 game evaluation to send one packing back to the minors/juniors. Give him top line time and he will either sink or swim.

"Chewie... we're home."
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote