Old
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Offense: 1st
Defense: ~25th

Both are taking in to account Byfuglien's dominance taking the puck down low in the offensive zone - defensively I have to dock them for giving up so many odd-man rushes. If we were judging just by defensive zone coverage not off the rush, I'd probably say closer to average but still not above average due to Byfuglien's occasional defensive lapses (not as bad as some believe but still not average 1st pairing defense) and Enstrom's lack of size around the net. Offensively I don't think there's a better pairing and I don't think it's all that close either.

It's still early but Byfuglien looks noticeably better this year in his conditioning and somewhat in his decision making. Also note that forwards backing up to cover him when he pinches would make a huge difference in how his play is perceived.
They have room to improve on the back end as both are pretty young. But ATM the quoted post is about my feelings.

Given Bogo's pairing is more of a traditional shut down role, That ranking is fine with me for the time being.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote