View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Lebanese Leaf

vCash: 500
So far in this small sample size, Reimer has looked better in his one game than Scrivens did in the previous two. Before anyone throws out numbers at me, here's what I've been watching:

-Blocking angles, this was a problem with Reimer, he would stay too deep in his net and not come out to take the angles, but he showed that he is over that yesterday

-Lateral movement: Scrivens scares me every-time the opposing forward has the puck behind our net, he is just so slow to react to any sort of wrap-around play. Reimer looked good yesterday in that regard, except for that one freak play where everyone lost track of the puck and it was shot right into his pad

-Quality of competition: Reimer made some big saves against the most deadly offensive lineup in the NHL. He was scored on from a bad angle by Malkin, and a breakaway by Crosby, which is understandable. Scrivens didn't have to do much for the W against the Habs who were completely shut down. And against Buffalo, I felt that he looked shaky.

There are unscientific observations I've made in the 3 games so far. Reimer will be the man once the rust shakes off IMO. But Scrivens will still see many starts on back-to-backs to keep them both fresh.

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote