Thread: Rick Nash
View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 01:04 PM
ilovemarkmessier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
I find it almost comical that so many posters here didn't realize just how great a player Rick Nash is. I pointed this out ad infinitum from day #1 when we were in hot pursuit but it fell on deaf ears. The fact that many fans wanted Parise instead of Nash is really laughable.

The Rangers have never(I repeat, never) had a guy with Nash's skillset in their history. That doesn't necessarily mean that Rick Nash is a given to pot 50 goals in a full season but the time and space he creates on the ice because of his size, wingspan, and speed will make a player like Gaborik that much better and freer to do his thing.

Trading for Nash was a no brainer for us but, unfortunately, we need more big bodied productive players on the roster if we are truly going to get to the next level and win a cup.

I did not know either. But my Islander friend did. We stole this guy. I liked Anisimov but Dubinsky looks like a third liner and Ericson couldnt even make the Columbus roster. I smell a bust in Erickson. Kudos to Sather he has made brilliant moves. Gomez for McDonaugh Hahaha. and now Nash for basicly Anisimov.