View Single Post
01-24-2013, 12:06 PM
vCash: 500
my feeling is that the city of Windsor has been auditioning for the Mem cup host since before the last one was awarded,hosting league,CHL,hockey Canada events with success at every turn
Providing that the bid presentation matches up and or surpasses everybody elses,the city of Windsor should not be punished because of a violation or violations ,the rules in place did not allow for the revocation of championship or exclusion of league/sanctioned events
Should the Spits meet the criteria expected then why not
The other cities bidding have not hosted many of events i speak for many years in other words before the city of Windsor,and when they did ie Kingston they only filled half the building
Barrie"s building is too small,have not hosted events recently,their club projects to be ok but the loss of Scheifele,Camara, plus 3 o/as is alot,Guelph while projecting a real good team,though if Sparkes graduates a huge hole to fill,have not hosted recent events,questions of generating revenue may preclude them,London,other then the fact they hosted in 2005 which might be the deciding factor,are solid otherwise vis-a vis ,bulding,revenue generating abilities,a very good team projected to return,2 goalies, only 4 D-men as I expect Harrington and Sefton to join Hughes and Ferry in graduating,12 or 13 forwards with Griffith the lone possible forward maybe leaving
Windsor which just missed the last time,many would say there screwed I agree,would have been going after 3rd straight mem cup had they been awarded,definitely would not have moved Cantin and Shugg in the offseason,yet they finshed in the final four,without them along with the early graduation of Cam Fowler,the city and the team have proven the ability to support other events, the team returning projects 19 players,including 2 goalies,8 d-men,and 9 forwards,plus they will have room for 1-2 O/As,1-2 Euros depending what they do with Pavelka,
Rychel with the exception of a 1st rd pick has stocked the shelves sufficiently,as well as having 2 second rd picks in 2014 to allow for trades,he has 2 1st rd euro picks for 2013,windsor"s and niagara"s
He has picks in every round but the 1st and the 8th for 2013,he will make every effort to sign highly touted Nick Schmaltz,Evan Allen,perhaps Riley Barber or Tony Calderone,as he does have a couple of gold edc packs available including 1 he does not have to use because of no pick in the 1st rd
I think at the end it will come down to London and Windsor
We shall see

hockeylegend11 is online now   Reply With Quote