View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 12:09 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
You apparently are misinterpreting my post. I wasn't knocking Brayden Schenn, I was simply saying that all he's shown he can consistently do @ the NHL level is bang bodies (since everyone knocked JVR for consistency). I was simply saying that if our organization considered (and eventually did) trade JVR, we should consider trading Schenn in the price is right. That doesn't mean I think he's a 3rd line grinder, or that I don't think he has talent / promise, it just means he's unproven just like JVR. Hence, if possible, I would look to trade him (trading from a position of strength) for a franchise defenseman (a position of immense weakness).

Jeez man, you're really reaching trying to make me out to be a Schenn hater / critic. I like him a lot, actually wore his jersey to the home opener, I'm just willing to explore all avenues to improve this team
I don't know ....when somebody says they are losing patience with a player after only playing 57 games in the NHL it's kind of hard to not interpret somebody at least as a critic..

Seriously man you are kind of all over the board. I think I know what you are getting at and it's not necessarily unreasonable but it's how you frame things that gets equally confusing and contradictory..that is all.

Anyway...my main point is that you think JVR has a higher ceiling and we weren't patient and the return was not good enough. My argument is that it might be a wash still b/c I don't see him as an elite player and yeah L Schenn is not gonna be one either. As far as B Schenn...I want to be patient with him too and it doesn't seem we'll be able to trade 1 for 1 for him either (especially if right now you see him as just some checker) so we have to give up more so yeah we are in agreement it shouldn't be done in that instance. With that it doesn't seem likely he will be traded but then again nothing surprises me with the Flyers...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote