View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Patrick Roy? That's debatable.
Patrick Roy being flashy and arrogant? Not much of a debate there man. He's the most arrogant player I can think of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Besides, it's a matter of degree and context.
Really? Please explain.

Patrick Roy was cocky as hell. He was still worth holding onto wasn't he? PK is the best young blueliner we've had since Chelios and he hasn't displayed anywhere near the arrogance that Roy did.

Seriously man, why do we care about arrogance? It's what the guy does on the ice that matters. That's why I loved Roy. Guy Lafleur is my favourite player of all time but all he did was smoke, party and drink. He got it done on the ice though and that's all that matters.

I don't care if he's not a saint. I care if he helps win us games. Trading him away would probably be disastrous for us. Haven't we learned our lesson yet? Roy, Chelios, Carbonneau... all guys who get dealt for character issues and all of them went on to win cups somehwere else. Why couldn't we put up with them whereas other teams could?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I do not know if Subban is asking for the moon nor do I know if Bergevin is low balling him. I do know however that Meehan/Subban (with the final word belonging to Subban) are acting as if the concept of a RFA with no rights to arbitration has been removed from the new CBA.
How so?

Maybe the club is offering him 3 mil a year. Nowhere in the CBA does it say that you have to accept a lowball offer. You don't know what's going on here any more than I do.
Quote:
I really hope Subban is not asking for a lot more than what Price received in the same context; he deserves more but definitely not “a lot more”. I also know that a lot of pro athletes (Pacioretty, Hossa, Brodeur, Jackman...) left money on the table in an effort to help build and play for a contender. Reading the Stubbs interview felt like watching an add commercial so I don’t expect Subban to follow their footsteps.

Again, if Subban inks a one year deal worth 3M$, we will know that Bergevin was low balling him but if he signs a one year deal worth 5M$, we will know that he was asking for the moon. Anything in between and it was only a matter of length.
I don't think 5 mil is the moon. I think 6 mil is the moon but not five.

Quote:
2 years at 4M$ per season.
Or one year at 4,5M$.
Game on.

PS if the Canadiens give a blank check to Subban, what will happen with Galchenyuk, Beaulieu... when they reach the same stage? Subban is no Crosby so I don’t think Mtl should completely overlook the fact that he is a freakin RFA player with no rights to arbitration... that’s how the CBA works when your name is not Malkin.
You're right, we have to be conscious of this. 4.5 might do the trick... (4 mil probably won't) we can all hope so. It's a bit of a hometown discount but it really sounds like PK wants a longer term.

The real wildcard is Meehan. That guy is horrible and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's the problem here.