View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 12:12 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post
Why does every player have to fit this cookie cutter mould / boring cliché of how a hockey player should act?

Yes, PK has swagger. Yes, he's very confident in himself. Yes, he's flashy.

The Habs desperately need some flair, and I'm getting this sick feeling that Bergevin and Therrien want to neuter him, just like the Randys did last season. Also, I hate to say it, but people are being very naive if they don't think race has something to do with the way people are lashing out at PK for holding out.

And why should he sign a bridge contract? Price hadn't established himself as a clear #1 on the team when he signed his bridge contract. Pacioretty hadn't established himself as a top-line player when he signed his bridge contract. Like it or not, PK has established himself as very good D-man. Nobody is arguing that he deserves elite D-man money. But to lowball him with a 2-3m/year 2-year bridge contract is completely unreasonable, and I fully support PK in this current impasse with Bergevin.

Quite frankly, I'm unimpressed with Bergevin so far. He strikes me as someone with a very old school hockey mentality, hooking up all his buddies with jobs with blatant nepotism, hiring a retread coach who embraces old school traditional coaching and wants to ''correct'' PK on and off the ice, and ignoring the latest innovative trends that other GMs like Chiarelli and Gillis or coaches like Tippett are embracing. It's early, but I don't like what I'm seeing so far.
and that's the main reason why people side with him in this.