View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Hitchslap

vCash: 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I'm perfectly aware of the formula, what projects are ongoing, and what community projects and community endeavors are typically funded. I'm also aware Edmonton fast tracked in the fund as they chose to use more of their allocation in recent funding years. Meaning less MSI for upcoming years.

You may do well to read this blog: With the blogger actually being an ardent Pro arena, pro downtown supporter who is questioning this MSI use.

http://blog.mastermaq.ca/2012/09/15/...owntown-arena/

After reading that blog, which is simply the best more informative post I've seen on the subject I wonder what you'll say. I'm full of beans hey?

What amount would you think is available that is not presently projected, planned.

WEll lets see, community rec centers, libraries, fitness centers vs Pro Hockey arena for richstars.

I wonder where I'd rather see the money go. Helping all families establish healthy physical lives and pursuits or funding a Pro Arena where only the wealthy can attend.
Libraries and rec centers? Ever go the library anymore? You'd be the only one in there. The city already has plenty of recreational facilities, outdoor rinks on every corner, new playgrounds in damn near every schoolground... Let's not pretend Edmonton is Detroit.

Only the wealthy can afford to buy season tickets perhaps, but you don't need to be loaded to go to a few games a year. Not to mention concerts and other events.