View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
Ok, so Oprah comes to town or maybe ACDC and they will want to play in Norhtlands rather than the new arena.....because Northlands has a good thing going. Ummm i don't think so Replacement. They'll go to the new arena because they have a choice. The sound will be better, the facility better overall, and it will seat more. ACDC will still sell out two days in a row anyways. The only reason Northlands has been so successful is because it's the only choice for some acts between Calgary and Edmonton (the Saddledome not being equipped to handle such shows). The Northlands rink has it's days numbered - book it, unless they downsize the seating to around 10,000 and focus on that sized market. Can anyone guess where the money will come for those renos? It won't be from Northlands, i'll tell you that.

You're showing a terrible lack of common sense here in beating a Northlands drum. Not to mention your age with your pop music comment.
AC/DC plays mostly in stadiums. They have for decades. Not sure how you missed that.

Look, even if were taking the Katz Group bleating at heart they believe that Northlands WILL continue to be market competition and enough so that in their projections it has them worried. Thus their want for additional funding, subsidy etc that they tried to get. So you could either rest on the notion the Katz group are complete liars or be comfortable going to bed with them on this deal and presuming that everything will happen along just as promised. Although I'm not sure why anybody would believe that.

Anyway at least Katz is happy as a rockstar..