View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
He wont turn 19 until may. If he can get some experience now and play at that level next yr everyday, even with limited minutes it would be great for his development. I know they're not exactly a great team but the fact that he got the call as an 18 is still surprising. I don't know enough him or the situation he's in but I hope his promotion is based on his play/potential and not the fact that they just needed another body to through on the ice.
I hope so too, but like yourself don't know much more about the whole situation. The problem with KHL, though, is that even though the youngsters are sometimes given chances, it's often with limited minutes. In this case he spent the entire season in the MHL and is only going to play in the KHL for a couple games, so that's good. But if he was to be a third/fourth liner for the entire season, I'm not sure that'd be the best thing for his development. But my avatar is getting decent minutes on the Dynamo Moscow team as a youngster, as well, so I think if Vasilyev is good, he won't end up in a situation where he's called up, but not being able to play.

Oh, and when I was talking about the trade I didn't mean to say all defensemen but Shchitov suck, it's just that I probably wouldn't consider any other ones to be legitimate targets for other teams to poach for the playoff run. So I wasn't trying to imply they're a bad team.