View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
The thing with Nash, and I still believe this, is that he's not quite on the same superstar level as guys like Malkin, Kovalchuk, etc. He is very skilled, and we see this even more clearly now, but he's still gonna underwhelm in the points department if he can't start burrying those chances.

And by underwhelm I mean "put up good numbers but look like he should have more"

He is real good, and I think he can do better than he did with Columbus, but I'm not really expecting him to be scoring 40+ goals every year
it's really hard to say, and quite frankly unfair. Let's ignore Malkin because since day 1 he's had a boatload of talent around him to play with...even without Crosby that team has offensive talent galore (doesnt take away from the fact that hes an elite top 3 player in the world guy).

Kovalchuk STILL had WAY more talent than Nash ever has. He had Heatley, Savard, Hossa...who is the best player that Nash has ever played with in a full season? David Vyborny...how sad is that?

Let's see Nash play a full season with some real talent around him before we make any proclamations on what he will or won't be.