View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Flat Stanley

vCash: 500
I want Tangradi to stay, Bylsma did the right thing putting him on the 4th line with Vitale, let him grow at the NHL level without being put a line with 2 great players right away.

I really don't like the decision of Kennedy with Malkin, those 2 just don't mesh. I posted this lineup before.

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Crosby-Kennedy
Glass-Sutter-Dupuis
Tangradi-Vitale-Adams

1st line: It was our best line last season, they had chemistry.

2nd line: When Crosby came back last February, he was put on the 3rd line with Cooke and Kennedy, they scored early in that game and there have been goals where Cooke and Crosby made some plays, Kennedy was the 3rd wheel but Kennedy and Cooke know eachother very well from playing with Jordan Staal and Brandon Sutter this year, that they can be effective playing with Crosby. KIRK brought up that Sid might not be happy with that line choice, but from what I get from Sid, no complaints, if Bylsma thinks Cooke and Kennedy on his line gives the Pens the best chance to win, Sid would be on board, I don't buy for one second that Sid is unhappy with not having a longterm winger at the moment.

3rd line: Solid, defensive, physical, checking 3rd line. Sure you're adding a 4th line LW to it in Tanner Glass, but having arguably an above average 3rd line RW in Pascal Dupuis, stabilizes the move.

4th line: Tangradi and Vitale have chemsitry, Vitale and Adams have played long enough on the same line that this can be a fast, physical, tenacious 4th line.

Are the best players in the top 6? No, but I think that is a well balanced lineup, that each line offers speed, skill, and two way hockey. Anyone agree? It may not be the most popular thing, but to me, that lineup looks like the best one the Pens can put on the ice with their current roster.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote