View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Absolutely. I feel Habs management is playing this one wrong. PK has proved a lot more than Max and Carey did at this point in their respective careers. As no one knows for sure how much better PK will be in 2 years, I think we can all agree that he will be making 5+ million based on ice time and capabilities. I don't see how he can digress unless injuries or something unforeseen happens.

Based on that analogy, the Habs are better off signing him to a long term deal now with the next 2-3 years under 5 and the last 3-4 years above 5. This way his cap hit will be somewhat friendly in those expensive years.

I believe in Subban and I believe he can be top 10, if not top 5 or top 3 in the NHL. Offering him a 2 year deal now can be a disaster in 2 years if he deserves 6 years at 7 million. He will still be RFA in two years and yes he won't have the UFA bargaining chip, but I find that irrelevant based on RFA offer sheets for a player of his caliber.

This situation between PK and the Habs seems to only be getting worse... It's a crying shame.
If this is truly the case, why doesn't PK sign the bridge deal?