View Single Post
01-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Reverend Mayhem
In Gord We Trust
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I think Weise will be bumped off that unit sooner rather than later. He had a couple of plum chances in the slot that he misfired on; he's skating incredibly well and creating space, but his lack of hands still shows in those situations.

But all in all, I thought that line was actually quite good. Raymond was the best player on it, and Schroeder had a solid debut. Would be nice to see him notch his first career point tomorrow night.
Yeah I like Dale Weise, he's just being utilized in a way I don't see as ideal. That line was very strong, and if I've said it before I'll say it again till I'm blue in the face: Mason Raymond is a good hockey player. If I had to tinker with the forwards I might go:

Higgins has better hands, could still create a bit of room for them, he's great along the boards and can finish. The Burrows/center experiment isn't going badly but I just would like to use natural centers, plus that 3rd line is a hell of a checking line isn't it? Just get Burrows doing the little things that got him a top-line job on this team in the first place is a good way to get him going again.

4th line is a mash-up really. Malhotra is a good 4th line center, Weise is great for puck battles and last year I thought Ebbett was fantastic in the bottom-line role he played and would like to see more of that. Plus, I am just not a huge fan of Volpatti. He's a decent bruiser when he makes contact with players, but it seems he has trouble laying out a check. Don't understand why they keep bringing him up to start the year only to see him get injured or something.