View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 02:10 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
A buddy and I were talking about this. It's not asinine to think Kimmo and Briere(both were willing to go to a contender) would fetch us two 1st rounders from a contending team. Look at Detroit, they could throw us a 1st and a top prospect for Kimmo(I think he is definitely worth that, and GM's and analyst seem to think he is invaluable to our team). Briere, I believe could fetch us a first as well. Maybe a 1st and a mid tier prospect just because of his contract(his offensive to a contending team in the playoffs would be a huge benefit) . We could end up with a good amount of picks, but we all know we wouldn't use them all. I don't want this team to miss the playoffs, but it wouldn't sting as much on a shortened season. Getting a high draft pick also would help this team in the defensive prospects. That does mean though, we would have to draft a defender. I guarantee if we miss the playoffs and get the 4-7th pick, we would take a forward.
I agree with this.....leverage everything we have later on. No sense selling the farm out of panic. To be honest I'm more panicked about the potential loss of a lottery pick just so we can save face this season which is not looking good with the personnel we have or don't have b/c of injuries etc.

It sucks sucking but it's only 45 games left now as painful as it is so far

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote