View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 4605
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriminallyVu1gar View Post
Well there aren't too many true rivalries in the NHL thanks to watered down division/conference play. Philly - Pittsburgh, Boston - Montreal, Vancouver - Chicago, Edmonton - Calgary, Toronto - Success.

One thing I wonder about is HRR, merch sales, and the like. I'm not really sure if there's a good way to estimate that or not.
To be honest, with the way they've taken to the Sounders "culture," I wouldn't be surprised if they could play that up as far as merch is concerned. Those giant team flags, scarves, that whole kind of thing, could really take to hockey well.

Personally I'd love to see a team there. Like you said the WHL works there, the Seahawks and Sounders work there (not sure about the Mariners attendance and even though you guys are getting them back we saw what happened to the Sonics the first time). I think it makes sense. I don't think the league is in a position for another expansion team, just my opinion, but the next time someone is in a position to take off Seattle would be the place!