View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 01:24 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

vCash: 500
It's clear that Randy Carlyle is still looking for size in the top-6, in order to force more pucks to the net, and create more havoc, as to allow our shooters (Grabo, Kessel) more time and space to do what they do.

If we finish somewhere between 10-15, I can't see how Mantha doesn't come into play. He'll need to work on his defensive game, but the kid is a big bodied scorer who doesn't fear driving the crease. You can't teach his size and skill, but you can teach defensive responsibility.

I think from 10-15, we should look at:

Mantha
Nurse
Erne
Ristolainen

HM to Anthony Duclair, who may be available between 20-25.

I think both Nurse and Ristolainen are GREAT compliments to what we already have on the back end. Both can skate pretty well, are smart players, make a good first pass out of the zone, and can play on your PP unit. Either one of them would make Liles and his contract expendable.

Erne showed great maturity recently, after the vets on the Remparts called he and Duclair out for trying to do too much themselves. Erne and Duclair called a dressing room meeting, and worked things out with the team. These kids are mature, and hard workers. Adding either to our top-6 would be great, and give us more offensive punch, but also (in Erne's case especially), a really smart player who knows how to put himself in position to score.