View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 01:27 PM
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
To be honest, with the way they've taken to the Sounders "culture," I wouldn't be surprised if they could play that up as far as merch is concerned. Those giant team flags, scarves, that whole kind of thing, could really take to hockey well.

Personally I'd love to see a team there. Like you said the WHL works there, the Seahawks and Sounders work there (not sure about the Mariners attendance and even though you guys are getting them back we saw what happened to the Sonics the first time). I think it makes sense. I don't think the league is in a position for another expansion team, just my opinion, but the next time someone is in a position to take off Seattle would be the place!
The Mariners are cheap and have made some bad personnel decisions and a lot of people here hate them, kind of like the Golisano-era Sabres, but without a salary cap to even the field.

I don't think the time for expansion is right either, but I would eventually like to see a 32 team league. Something about four conferences of eight teams just seems nice.