View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I don't get why people assume we'd lose a trade if we send PK somewhere. I guess it must be the ol pessimistic 'habs can never have it good for ANYTHING'.

Kessel got traded and no one can actually say Boston lost that trade and the big difference is that Boston didn't have the money to sign him, nor could they have matched a big offersheet without having to trade someone else. Both these things the Habs CAN do which Boston couldn't. A good GM could get a lot by trading Subban. If we trade him and don't get close in the deal or actually get the upperhand, that would tell us a lot on Bergevin's bargaining skills.

I'm starting to feel that MB is all pretty cliché smiles for photo ops, but not much substance. What will happen with Subban in the coming days and weeks will tell us a lot about MB's actual abilities as a GM.
The only good thing that has happened (or not happened as the case may be) is that Subban has not publicly asked for a trade. When that happens it could be Rejean Houle 2.

Sorry you have that feeling about MB, but you typed exactly what I see as well. I just brush it off as English-Second-Language for now.