View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Tak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
What is your definition of Corporate and what is the % of Subscribers that are Corporate?
No %, but majority of platinums are season ticket holders who have corporate tickets.

By corporate, we refer to those tickets that have been dedicated towards certain companies and corporations downtown and in the GTA (banks, businesses, etc, that offer tickets to their employees who come down to the game despite not necessarily being fans of the team, or the most vocal fans of the team).

They get the most heat because they are a quiet bunch. And they often show up during mid-week games in their suits with their blackberries in their hands.

But like I said, I've been going to Leaf games for 2 decades. There was a time where I would go to two or three games a month (ironically, on corporate tickets), and the suits around me would be just as enthusiastic and energetic about the game as the guys in the traditional "nosebleeds".

Sure, opening those seats up to hardcore fans (remove all the corporate tickets and put the feverish twitter fans on and who knows what sort of atmosphere you'll get), might help.

But the most obvious solution = winning. There was never a problem with the home atmosphere when the team was winning division titles and making it to the playoffs every year

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote