View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 03:11 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

vCash: 500
Rather than quote the whole thing, waiting on that isn't realistic is what most people are trying to point out JMan.

I am very glad they didn't land Rick Nash, but seriously what parts do we have that are the same as Anisimov, Dubie, and Erixon? This helluva and offer stuff is pretty funny. I am not certain of the offer but I think a lot of people around here don't know much about the former Rags players in that trade.

I am not into the sky is falling but what you just did is me saying well the fix is just bringing in Perry and Getzlaf and they we trade the prospects for two good defenseman on good contract. It is a dream scenario and it didn't happen. You're graded on what happens and he is going to take a hit this year. Just like he will survive because of the fantastic job he has done over the years not that anyone of his detractors wants to hear that.

The truth is elite players or really even all-star to borderline that category caliber players rarely hit free agency anymore. That was an important part of the last CBA and the term limits as well for me. But we will live with the next decade of these mega contracts and that situation. It is hard to fix your team not from within, by the way Holland realized this from day one and has loaded the system and stopped giving away tons of picks. Now he might not play them like everyone wants, but make no mistake this is as deep as our prospect pool has been since he was the head scout and got promoted because of his fantastic work there.

You cannot paint yourself into just the free agent corner. It might work, but you always overpay there and it is uncertain. And believing a division rival will give you the players you want is an equally bad idea. Those are not acceptable excuses if he truly wanted to use them. I don't think he is close to losing his job and there isn't a single GM I would rather have. He does need to tweak the way he has been operating but I still have all the faith in the world in KH and think that he will. More importantly for those that still do he is absolutely no jeopardy of losing his job unless he actually makes the choice to go upstairs into a different role. It will be interesting to see what he does.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote