View Single Post
Old
06-26-2006, 01:11 AM
fredez

vCash: 500
Wow, didn't even noticed Carle was in his top 60 :

52. D Mathieu Carle 6-0 210 QMJHL Titan 67-18-51-69
Scouts Take: “ Carle was highly regarded early in the season, then seemingly fell of the face of the earth, but from my viewing’s it wasn’t because he was playing any worse as the year progressed. Mathieu is a great puck moving defenseman who passes the puck crisply as anyone. Carle has been knocked for his conditioning and some say he’s got some flab under the hood. Still he has that natural strength and plays like a rock. I don’t see that as a concern at all. Carle is physical in his own end and is good at separating his man from the puck. Has the ability to find a man with his head down coming through the neutral zone, and he loves to step up on his man, than lays him out hard. Solid positionally in his own end, but he does struggle with speed off the rush. Needs to improve his acceleration and top end speed, not a slow skater but appears sluggish and lacks quickness in all directions. Superb vision and passing skills, passes the puck crisply tape to tape, especially impressive making the first pass out of the zone, moves it with poise and is very accurate. Patient and careful about jumping into the play but is effective. Has a solid shot from the point, not great but fine. I like him more than the fellow Q defenseman Joe Ryan. He needs to improve his skating and conditioning but he has high hockey IQ and impressive natural ability.

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote