View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfr View Post
Its surprisinging because most other rookies there has been giving some indication and no idea with him. I have always liked his style, I will keep an eye out to see if I find anything
There are 2 center spots and possibly a wing spot on the 4th line for him to compete for along with Bonino, and Holland (DSP on the wing as well). Bonino I would say is a lock to grab one of them simply because of his defensive abilities and NHL experience. There is a possibility that the team feels that Rakell is a better option than Holland at center or DSP on the wing(Holland is a possibility to play wing as well), but Holland has done pretty much all he can do at the AHL level and will get his shot soon enough. Rakell may only have been starting over Holland because management feels it is a waste to keep him up and not play him. Another possibility is to show Holland that if he doesn't bring effort to the table every game, which has been question mark about him as a prospect, that other players can fill his role.