View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 02:29 PM
ryno23

vCash: 500
One thing I noticed watching games in every Canadian rink is most places are pretty quiet during the game action. Most Canadian fans are knowledgeable of the game they are following the play and thinking right along with the players and its a more silent crowd especially in tight games they feel the pressure just as much as the players do. Waiting for that goal so they can erupt or a great fight or big hit.

Now I have been to some southern belt arena's and they cheer loud and often but they are so uneducated about the game they cheer when the other team goes offside or a goalie makes a routine save from a dump in on their net. Not saying its back but its a different atmosphere in a Canadian market.

Now where I have a problem with quiet crowds is when the teams needs a boost on the ice and getting a Go Leafs Go chant and you don't hear anything. I know most players say they don't hear it but that is BS. I know a few NHL'ers and they say they hear loud cheering in the games.

OH and keep that soccer **** out of our rink.....we are not Euro houligans or Habs fans with their OLE OLE ****. haha

ryno23 is online now   Reply With Quote