Thank You Alfie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Is this really true?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
We have a player better than Methot, his name is Hjalmarsson. You would have to add quite a bit to get him if Bishop is a piece.

You will get less than what those goalies got, so maybe just a 2nd and a 4th?

The Foligno-Methot trade is in response to the Sens fans that think they will be getting a top 4 Dman for Bishop. If you are trading Bishop for a top 4 Dman, you are adding a significant piece along with it.
I'm totally fine with a 2nd and 4th. We traded a 2nd for him so we get a 4th and 10 games contribution for free. Pretty nice.

I wouldn't say Bishop has more value than Foligno but I don't think it's as far as some people may think. Yes Bishop is a bit older and doesn't have tons of experience but he's got the potential to be a starting goalie in this league.

Unfortunately, he's been stuck behind veteran goaltenders both in St. Louis and now in Ottawa so he's never really had the chance to prove what he's worth in the NHL but in the meantime he's done extremely well in the AHL and you can't really ask for more than that. If not for Lehner, Bishop would be considered as Ottawa's future in nets and we wouldn't even have this conversation right now.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote