View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 02:44 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=The Zetterberg Era;58237191]

Quote:
I am very glad they didn't land Rick Nash, but seriously what parts do we have that are the same as Anisimov, Dubie, and Erixon? This helluva and offer stuff is pretty funny. I am not certain of the offer but I think a lot of people around here don't know much about the former Rags players in that trade.
A package of Franzen, Nyquist, Pulkinnen, Kindl, Andersson, heck throw in Quincey and a draft pick would have beaten the living daylights out of Anisimov, Dubie, and Erixon. You get a perennial threat for 25-30 goals in Franzen, a legit NHL ready top 6er in Nyquist, the prospect Howson tried to swindle us out of for Pahlsson last year that apparently he's been coveting, a former 1st rounder Dman in Kindl, and a solid bottom 6 center in Andersson. It was totally doable. For whatever reason, if Howson has to trade anything to Detroit, it would have been for a king's ransom, even for a depth forward. Anisimov is young, yes, but let's not kid ourselves, he's a third line center at best who could play on the 2nd line and put up some points. Dubinsky is 27 and has only put up 20+ goals twice. Franzen and Nyquist is better quality than Dubinsky and Anisimov. From there, you could just beat the rest of the deal with quantity that has slightly lesser quality.

Quote:
I am not into the sky is falling but what you just did is me saying well the fix is just bringing in Perry and Getzlaf and they we trade the prospects for two good defenseman on good contract. It is a dream scenario and it didn't happen. You're graded on what happens and he is going to take a hit this year. Just like he will survive because of the fantastic job he has done over the years not that anyone of his detractors wants to hear that.
That's fine and all. People just act like he didn't have a plan and did all of these things just to tick him off. I'm just wondering out loud what would have happened if he had gotten his men as he should have. Let's not kid ourselves, he made an effort that should have gotten at least one of those players. Had he got both, we'd probably be planning the parade already.

Quote:
The truth is elite players or really even all-star to borderline that category caliber players rarely hit free agency anymore.
Coincidentally, there were two, one on the FA market, and one on the trade block that at the time we had a demand for. I think that's a legitimate risk to take.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote