Old
01-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Originally posted by IWalkThroughWalls:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...in-de-voir.php

Bergevin : "Subban est un bon jeune défenseur avec beaucoup de potentiel, mais j'arrive à Montréal et il y a des choses que j'ai besoin de voir"

Translated: "Subban is a good young dman with a lot of potential, but I've arrived in Montreal and there are things I need to see" - Bergevin.

If Bergevin is so dim, that he can't do something as simple as recognizing that Subban is a #2 dman at worst, why did he accept the GM position? He should have had the courtesy to tell Molson that he isn't qualified, and he would rather be assistant GM.
I'm really hoping that what he meant wasn't talent/play related, otherwise this is scary. I also assumed that Molson, during the interview process, would have asked him about the contracts that came off the books, like Price, Eller, White, Emelin, Diaz, and PK. How could he not discuss those cases?

The only hope I really have of PK not being moved is Molson simply not permitting it. PK is a huge marketing machine. Molson bought this franchise for half a billion, missed the POs the same year, had one of the worst season in forever where all seats weren't filled up anymore, then went through a lockout, and now his team is in financial dispute with their most marketable player. Can't be good.
I think the reason Bergevin refused to mention the possibility of a trade is simply because there's no way Molson let's him do that.