View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 03:55 PM
thedjpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Es PK as elite as people say he is? I mean I know he didn't stand out to me defensively during Flyers/Habs games. I remember he controlled the play a lot and was a good QB. Obviously good at puck moving. Can I get a scouting report on him?
As of now, he's certainly a top pairing offensive QB. The thing about him is almost everything he does is average to above average currently (that is, no real weakness, with a couple of elite skills (shot/skating).

He has a hard shot, good passing, great skating, physical, good offensive and good defensive instincts.

He has lapses from aggressiveness, both in rushing the puck and being physical, but has a pretty good hockey IQ overall, with decent size to boot.

He's exactly what the Flyers need; a complete defenseman, but he has the chance to be elite because of his tools. Will he get there? Maybe, but he's at least a top paring now, which will be a big boost to the D-Corps here, and knock everybody down one slot to where they should be.

He can already put up 30+ points and QB a PP - and Flyers may not be good at developing d-men from scratch, but they are very good at turning already established NHL d-men and maximizing their potential (Carle, Coburn).

If the Flyers have a chance to get him, they definitely should go for it. They dont' become available very often.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote