View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 02:56 PM
ForumNamePending

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmen19 View Post
i love when people use selective stats to argue there position. Stats for one year don't mean squat.
I used stats from the most recent completed season. If recent performance/production isn't relevant to the conversation I really don't know what to say. With that said, if Vrbata, for example, tails off over the next 12 months I don't think too many people will be suggesting that he could/should be playing on the top line.

Quote:
After Stamkos, Canada's next 5 goal scorers were neal, hartnell, perry moulson, ryder. besides perry, none of those other guys would even be considered for Canada's team.
Pretty sure Neal will be considered. To be honest if those guys are just as productive this season I wouldn't be shocked if the majority are at the orientation (or whatever they call it) camp this summer (assuming they have one). Who would the 18 Canadian and 18 Russian forwards you would put on a team before Elias, Vrbata and Krejci?

Quote:
So you can throw that stat out. Its an eye test.
So I should disregard stats completely and instead just go by your 'eye test'. Before I do this would you be able to post your credentials or experience that has left you with such an authorative eye for such matters?

Quote:
While I love Elias, his great days are long over. He is not the impact player of his youth no more, no matter how many points he got.
His best days may be behind him but he was still the second highest scorer on his team and second highest scoring left winger in the league last year. He also played just under 20 minutes a game on a very good team. To be honest I am not sure what you mean by an impact player. What/who do you consider an impact player? Much like 'eye test' this seems sort of like another vague term.

Quote:
If you think that line is even close, to other teams, you are dreaming. Czech can't compete with that line up against russia, sweden canada or usa.
On paper the above 4 teams will probably look better but I am not sure how that disqualifies the Czechs from being contenders. To be honest after what we have seen in four 'best vs best' Olympics I am not sure how anyone can still write off any of the big '6 or 7' nations heading into the tournament based on the lineup. In '98 almost half the Czech roster wasn't even playing in the NHL at the time and were pretty much an afterthought heading in... they won gold. Finland never looks that great on paper and more often than not they have left with a medal.

Anyway... perhaps we will just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited by ForumNamePending: 01-25-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: 'almost' half and not 'over' half the Czech roster
ForumNamePending is offline   Reply With Quote