View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Latgale_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
We heard the same stories about Darzins (and to some extent in Redlihs case as well) as well and look how he looks put on a roster of a competative team.
I'm looking at them and no way I can see them becoming regular NHL'ers.
I never said I see Indrašis as a regular NHL at the moment but he has several advantages if compared to Dārziņš (namely, he's not afraid to play phisically) and Rēdlihs is a midget... Plus he's couple years younger than those two.

Also I don't see a problem with Rēdlihs or Dārziņš playing as they play in those competitive teams because realistically they never had a shot at NHL and also would not be suited for the league. It was pretty much given that they'd struggle in top KHL teams that talent wise are built up like a regular NHL team...

At the moment Indrašis is very raw but what sets him apart from these two is that he has all the raw requirements to make it there, if he improves. Imagine if he added another 10 kilos or or bit more of muscle. I'm afraid Rēdlihs and Lauris can improve as they want but they are not such players... Of course, it's hard to say how would he fare with less playing time but I guess like with Crosby and Malkin, if you score, you get your minutes...

Let's be honest, Indrašis is faster, more physical and probably also ''better hands'' version of Lauris... Plus he's good few years younger. For his minuses- still need some muscle and better understanding of the game overall. But IMHO if he improves, he can become say a great KHL club's leading scorer.

Also there are not exactly a lot of players in the U23 age group that have been better at scoring in KHL this season... you've got Kuznetsov and Tarasenko (who's already in NHL) and that's pretty much all (might've been Yakupov, he's also in NHL now). Sure that might not say much and there are great teams for whish to score is much harder than in Dinamo Riga but... just a fact.

Last edited by Latgale_fan: 01-24-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote